Sunday, October 2, 2011

Unreal Conditional Sentences

Often called the "unreal" conditional because it is used for unreal - impossible or improbable - situations. This conditional provides an imaginary result for a given situation.
Conditional 2 is formed by the use of the past simple in the if clause followed by a comma would verb (base form) in the result clause. You can also put the result clause first without using a comma between the clauses.
If they had more money, they would buy a new house.
OR
They would buy a new house if they had more money.
If I had more time, I would visit Bali.
If I had more time, I could visit Bali.
If I had more time, I might visit Bali.
If I had more time, I would visit Bali.
Simple past tense, subject + modal verb + second verb in base form.
Questions?


No comments:

Post a Comment